Monday, April 17, 2006

I love surfing...

... the animation forums, websites, and blogs! I am reading and taking notes from artists and animators who display their projects and discuss topics that I can really learn from. In fact, on one blog, I learned about a valuable resource that I would never have known about if I had not read all the posts. Quite surprisingly, I had this valuable resource sitting within arms reach and rushed to utilize it.
... the resource was a platinum edition of the Disney movie "The Lady and the Tramp". I bought the movie when it was re-released recently and had not seen it since I was a child. I watched it several times analyzing the Disney method of animation. But the newly discovered blog informed me that there was something more valuable included in the DVD. Yes, the second disc in the set contained very valuable information about how the film was put together and developed way back in 1943. I watched Walt Disney show off the original drawings and the storyboard and talk about the process. I nearly fell out of my chair! I plan on watching the whole second disc again this afternoon - as many times as is necessary for the content to be committed to memory. Now my afternoon is planned.