Sunday, March 05, 2006

Rambling on

... Sunrise: 7:04 a.m. Sunset: 6:29 p.m. Hours of visible light: 12 hours and 21 minutes Tomorrow, the length of day will increase by 2 minutes and 50 seconds.

... March is igniting "spring fever" already and the days grow longer and brighter. The bitter cold is gone until next winter and, with any luck, so is the snow. It's funny to think of 40 degrees as "nice weather", proving that all things are relative. I'm looking forward to the days when I can once again go outside to film and photograph.
... I've been working with my Wacom Graphire Tablet, an essential tool for any of the digital paint programs I use. It takes practice to develop the eye/hand coordination necessary to produce nice lines, strokes, and shapes on the screen, as opposed to paper, and to use the digitalized pen rather than a traditional pencil. I'm seeing improvement and that is encouraging.
... this week the UPS man is bringing me a book that I bought off of Amazon. The book is about, of course, cartooning and cost a whopping $1.75. It'll make a nice reference book for my growing library! Basically, I wanted it to learn a little more about "storyboarding". Speaking of books, I used a "30% off " coupon from Borders that my blogging buddy, Dave, over at Suds and Soliloquies so kindly provided. The book, again, an art instruction book about drawing "hip hop style". It interested me after seeing the numerous animated Ipod advertisements, especially the one featuring Eminem and could prove useful. Next up on my "to do" list - learning to read. Just kidding!
... I'm considering a possible field trip over to North Campus early this week. I would love to go visit the art school and check out the student work on display there. It's been a while since I've done this but it is always inspiring to do. At the same time, I would love to check out Property Disposition for a drawing table.